I am a 57-year-old white American male infected with Hepatitis C. I am involved in a controlled medical research study by Roche Pharmaceuticals of an experimental Polymerase Inhibitor (RO5024048 also known as RG7128) drug therapy for the virus. This document is the story of my illness and the experience of treatment. My lovely and pretty damn wonderful wife will be contributing her take on the experience as well.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

You Give Me Fever

Five days after the last post and I still have the Flu and I still feel like hammered dogshit, as my boss would say.

I guess having a low lymphocyte and neutrophil count can indeed counteract the helpful effects of Flu vaccines. It’s not a terrible case of the Flu as those things go, but as all of us who have had it over the years know, you sure don’t feel like doing much of anything. Add to that the fact that doing much of anything sure does make you feel like going back to bed and you get a lot of days of not much getting done.

And then there is the fact that my job running an online store means that every day there are orders to fill and inventory to track means that I am probably working at least a few hours every day and then I get too tired to think and go home. So at the end of the day, or really in the middle of the day or even at the beginning of the day, I don’t have a lot of worthwhile thoughts about the nature of my condition or the world, or the world of my condition.

So I don’t have much to say right now other than that I am so glad I have a home to recuperate in and a lovely wife to ask me if there is anything I need her to get at the store on the way home. There are a lot of folks dealing with all this same stuff who don’t have the same level of support and if you know someone like that, take some time out and do what you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment